White After Labor Day // Chambray & Cardis



On our last day in Toronto, we spent much of our time around the CN Tower and Roundhouse Park. Historically, the crescent shaped building  was a location to repair or house locomotives early in the 20th century. From our hotel, it looked no bigger than a recreation room but close up it was massive! On one end was a brewing company and the other a restaurant, all surrounded by several trains dating back to the late 1800s.



For our stroll, I decided to break the unwritten rule and wore white jeans after Labor Day. Honestly, who actually follows it and why would they?! White is such a bright and clean color that makes colorful pieces pop, even neutrals! Being prepared for the swinging weather temperatures meant layering up. When I worked at J.Crew years ago - a look was complete only if you had three pieces, a top, bottom, and the quintessential "third" piece [i.e. cardigan, sweater, blazer] to wear over. It's to help transition between seasons but there's just something so chic and classic about it. 



My third piece is a merino wool cardigan; so soft, light, and airy. It was perfect for the morning. It's a versatile piece that keeps on giving, being able to pair it with a majority of my work outfits too. As for my button up, chambray is not only a great color but a fall necessity. I kid you not, this also matches everything from a tweed pencil skirt to even a pair of darker jeans, see my post - HERE. As for my footwear, I brought two options with me in case the little piggies got cold/hot. The sandals are so comfortable with a 2.75" block heel - no need to break in and you can walk in them for as long as you like. The smallest size is 5.5., but the extra room wasn't an issue since my feet would always slide forward. The booties are old but have linked a few - HERE. If you've got bag envy, read the review on my soho disco cross body - HERE. Similars for a fraction of the price - HERE [TONS of different colors].

What are you favorite transitional/third pieces and what fashion rules do you love to break?


Comments

  1. Love myself some white after Labor Day! (and the J. Crew three-piece rule)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this super chic outfit, especially that chambray shirt that you tucked into those white jeans <3 :) Super cute!

    XO, Elizabeth T.
    http://clothestoyouuu.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! I believe in wearing white year round-especially since right now it still feels like summer out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white after Labor Day! Also it is still hot as all get out for October so white pants all the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rules to live by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Love styling cute pieces

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true! I’m not complaining because the winters are so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol I feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment