Mermaid Gown // Malibu Wedding



We were invited to one of our lovely friend's wedding in SoCal and of course it was nothing short of beautiful. The wedding took place in Malibu at the Bel Air Club filled with blooming bird's of paradise and palm trees. I really wanted to dress up for the occasion - since I had just started to feel better from first trimester. I've seen so many mommy-to-bes showing off their baby bumps and thought what better way than by wearing a fitted mermaid gown?



This gown was exactly what I wanted for the formal affair. It had the mermaid style that I was looking for along with an asymmetrical strap sweetheart top. The fabric is polyester and comfortably stretchy - the gown itself is non-maternity but definitely fit perfectly. I bought a size small, which was a little loose especially in the top area [even with my growing bra size]. The length was just right with my 2.5 inch block heel sandals [definitely helpful/important for preggos that don't need to trip over their own dresses]. As for my heels, these are also pregnant friendly, not too high and no breaking in needed. The smallest size available is a 5.5, I usually wear a 5, but also put in gel inserts to help with the half size difference. You can find them HERE.



I've seen this dress with a gold belt around the waist which looks great for parties, but I decided to keep it simple and only wore drop earrings as my accessory along with a rouge shade of lipstick. This dress was under $40 and also comes in red. For the price point - it was well worth it.






Comments

  1. Aww you're sooo beautiful and elegant love <3 :) Love how you dressed up your bump with this pretty dress!

    XO, Elizabeth T.
    http://clothestoyouuu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find!! That’s a beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is so beautiful! I love your little bump and I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful dress and you look glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried! Thank you - I needed to be comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love finding deals - especially for the quality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe not so little anymore! Thank you Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you my friend! It was great weather!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment