Baby Pieces // The Sweetest Thing



If it wasn't obvious enough, Aaron and I have got the sweetest thing baking in the oven. Do you remember when I was MIA for all of the  summer? It wasn't just because we bought a house and moving, it's also because we found out we were pregnant! I didn't get lucky like some of my friends, I experienced all of the symptoms of first trimester. I was sleeping sixteen hour days and I couldn't eat anything, I even turned down ice-cream [I know!]. Turns out, growing a baby takes a lot of energy - the couch was definitely my best friend and I the potato.



So why am I just sharing this now since I'm well into my second trimester? In reality, aside from my blog, I'm a very private person [I know, hard to believe - just ask my family who thinks I'm an iron fortress]. Like all mommy-to-bes out there, I worry. I'm a surgical nurse and have seen and experienced things only others can imagine. I wanted to make sure everything was medically okay and that little Blueby [our nickname for the baby, short for blueberry - the size when we found out we were expecting] was healthy. So needless to say, we were cautiously excited. It was also nice for Aaron and I to have something that only we knew and shared, which made it even more special.OFF SHOULDER MAXI DRESS // sz S [SIMILAR 1, SIMILAR 2SIMILAR 3PEARL STUD EARRINGS • LIP CREAM • T3 MICRO


In addition to our announcement, we're also having a girl! Aaron and I was so sure Blueby was going to be a boy from the beginning. It wasn't until our ultrasound when the the tech let me gush over our "baby boy" by saying "him" and "he" that she finally said "you know it's a girl" after an hour. Can you say a curve ball? We just wanted a healthy baby so regardless of the gender, we're very happy. Well maybe I'm a little more than Aaron because now I have mini-me to dress up and will be as every bit the Baby Pieces, figuratively and literally.



Now that I have a growing belly, I've been trying to navigate the new venture of maternity shopping. I'm going to be honest, it's something I'm still resisting, only because I like to have versatile pieces and maternity clothes are only limited to when you're pregnant. My solution? Size up! Stay tuned for future posts on what I find. The maxi dress I'm wearing is non-maternity but as every bit comfortable. It's stretchy and non-restricting, which is a big sell for me. I didn't realize how cute it was on - especially showing off my new curve! I bought this on sale for only $6! Proof that you don't need to spend a lot to be fashionable. I've also linked similars for $16 - it comes in BLUE, GRAY, MAROON, and many more!

Be sure check out my instagram at KEEPIECES as I will be posting my pregnancy experiences via instatory.




Comments

  1. First off, these pictures are stunning. Second I didn't even think that, that could be a reason why you were MIA this summer (silly me!) and third I am overjoyed for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, girl! Wishing you an easy pregnancy & delivery, & a healthy baby & mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg Congratulations girl!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Such a happy occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww congratulations love! <3 :) Sooo happy for you and your husband!

    XO, Elizabeth T.
    http://clothestoyouuu.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congratulations to both 🎉. Can't wait to meet your mini me . Praying for your safe pregnancy and delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! What an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! That’s so exciting and you look absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to you both! These pictures are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! and great suggestion on sizing up instead of maternity-only clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! How absolutely thrilling and I'm so happy you had that special time to yourselves with your little secret.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw Kristen thank you so much for the love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You’re lovely Kate! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We’re so excited! Thank you darling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Elizabeth! We can’t wait!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Ate Maja!! We’ll make a trip to LA as soon as she’s grown

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Shibani! We’re so excited for her to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw thank you Kat!! The dress was flattering and comfortable for mamas

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Jen! We’re so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You’re too kind! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great option especially since most maternity clothing are so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It was the best! A great bonding experience for the parents to be. Thank you Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment