Pumpkin Patch + DIY Mat // Fall Essentials

PUFFER VEST  // sz XXS [GREEN] • PACKABLE RAIN BOOT // sz 6 • CABLE KNIT SWEATER // sz S • SCULPT JEANS // sz 25 • TOTE • LIP CREAM • T3 MICRO


We had so much fun apple picking that we went back today, except to another part of Patterson's Farm - the patch to get pumpkins and delicious apple fritters. Definitely a fall festival not to miss. Enjoy some hot apple cider while in a rocking chair enjoying the views of the acre woods and Lake Erie. Although I've had my decor ready since the beginning of August, I had to make it official by getting corn stalks, fantasy pumpkins, and mums!

PUFFER VEST // sz XXS [GREEN] • PACKABLE RAIN BOOT // sz 6CABLE KNIT SWEATER // sz S SCULPT JEANS // sz 25TOTE • LIP CREAM • T3 MICRO


It was still a little chilly and wet out, so I opted for my puffer vest [30% off with code FALLFUN] and rain boots. My vest is thin enough that you can still be mobile without sacrificing the warmth of a thicker coat. It has a polyester feel with quilted stitching and can be used to layer up as much as you like. I paired it with a maroon cable knit sweater to add my usual pop of color to my outfit. It also comes in black, blue, and green - HERE.


As for my rain boots, they're not only comfortable but they're also packable! Meaning they're malleable, can be wrapped around itself, and fit into a suit case for travel without taking too much space. They're light weight with a 1.5-1.75 inch heel. If you like to take long strolls/hikes, these are perfect without tiring out your legs! They come in an array of colors, but I decided on the matte hunter green, just because they can match pretty much everything and I like several uses out of my purchases. 

PUFFER VEST // sz XXS [GREEN] • PACKABLE RAIN BOOT // sz 6CABLE KNIT SWEATER // sz SSCULPT JEANS // sz 25TOTE • LIP CREAM • T3 MICRO


As you can see I went straight home and decorated my front porch. I'm a big Do-It-Yourselfer and made this fall mat in 15 minutes! If you're interested in making your own this is what you'll need:



• X-Acto knife

• Thick 8 X 11 paper

• Masking tape

PUFFER VEST  // sz XXS [GREEN] • PACKABLE RAIN BOOT // sz 6 • CABLE KNIT SWEATER // sz S • SCULPT JEANS // sz 25 • TOTE • LIP CREAM • T3 MICRO


I started out by pulling up Microsoft Word on my computer and choosing the font I wanted for my design. I made it as large as can possibly fit into an 8 x 11 size paper. If you'd like to use the font I chose - for HAPPY, I used the Gelato font and for FALL, I used the Trajan Pro. 


I then used the x-acto knife to cut out the letters, ensuring I left a little attachment for the P's and A's [see full cutout below]. The technique is similar to the silk-printing technique. If you have a Cricut it would be much easier, however, I was too lazy to use mine and my computer/x-acto knife did the job just fine.Once done, take the two templates and position it on your blank mat then tape it down, so it doesn't move when you add the paint on top.




Generously apply the paint on top of the template, make sure to stay within the white paper. Once done, slowly peel it off from one end to the other. Do not let it dry before taking the paper off. I also added a little leaf branch at the bottom, which I freehanded - make sure to check out my DIY Instastories highlights to see the entire process- HERE. Let me know if you have any questions!

Comments

  1. Ohh love the little DIY tutorial <3 :) And girl, this is such a cute fall outfit! In love with those boots!

    XO, Elizabeth T.
    http://clothestoyouuu.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your DIY doormat is adorable!! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Elizabeth! Definitely an easy DIY. I’m obsessed with these boots - ultimate essential!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jaclyn! I’m happy how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment